Who is it for?
If you are interested in learning more about what the Bible teaches about God’s involvement in human affairs, what he expects from His people, what the past, present and future of our world looks like, and are intrigued by Bible prophesies, this series if for you.
What will you learn?
First of all you will learn the amazing story of Daniel and His friends. Their story is one of faith and allegiance to God in a most adverse situation.. It is also a story about the contrast between the humbleness of Daniel and his friends and the pride and boastfulness of worldly king like Babylon’s Nebuchadnezzar. Secondly, you will learn about what God revealed to Daniel through visions and dreams regarding our past, present and future!
Why is it important?
First of all Daniel life is an example for us today. His loyalty and faith inspire us to trust God and remain loyal to Him. Secondly, although people are often scared by the graphic scenes described in Bible prophecy, a closer studies reveals that such prophecies are actually Good News for God’s people and a source of great hope and trust in a God that is in control of human affairs even the most adverse situations.
Where will you meet?
Homes of Hope groups typically meet in homes, community centers, cafes, public places as well as other venues such as churches and schools. Click here to find out which group meets closest to you.
How does it work?
Groups meet once a week for about 12 weeks at an agreed location, often a home or public place. Groups first socialize and often share a light meal or refreshments together. Socializing time is followed by prayer and then a candid Bible discussion. The Bible discussions are open group discussions, not lectures. A Discussion Leader helps guide the discussion by asking open ended questions, transitioning between sections and moderating the discussion. Each week the group studies and discusses one chapter of the Book of Daniel. The meetings end with prayer and an invitation to apply to our daily lives what was learned that day.
- It’s All About Choice, Daniel 1:1-21
- God Outlines the Future, Daniel 2:1-49
- A Pledge of Allegiance, Daniel 3:1-30
- Taking God’s Glory for Yourself, Daniel 4:1-36
- Weighed and Found Wanting, Daniel 5:1-31
- Worship in the Face of Persecution, Daniel 6:1-28
- Hope in the Final Judgment, Daniel 7:1-28
- Hope in the Final Judgment, Daniel 8:1-27
- The Messiah: the Lamb for the Altar is Announced, 9:1-27
- Christ in the Great Controversy, Daniel 10:1-26 & 11:1-13
- God With Us—Even Until the Time of the End, Daniel 11:14-39
- The Final Battle—Who Will We Worship?, Daniel 11:40-25 & 12:1-13